NOKIA N8 PREVIEW

Published by bryanlyt, on September 8th, 2010.

The Nokia N8 is the next flagship phone of Nokia. It is the first phone that comes with the brand new Symbian^3 OS. Other highlights include the 12-megapixel camera with Xenon flash, multi AMOLED touch screen, HDMI interface, and more.

And last week, Nokia Malaysia invited us to preview the yet-to-be-launched Nokia N8.

Nokia N8

We were presented with the Nokia N8 prototype devices to test out that night. At the same time, Mr. Glen Cha (Head of Operative Product Management for Nokia Singapore, Malaysia & Brunei) demonstrated the features of the Nokia N8 to us.

Glen Cha Nokia N8
(Hey look! The Nokia N8 camera has face detection function as seen on the TV screen!)

Things I love about the Nokia N8:

1. The new Symbian^3 – it’s much faster than the current one (S60 v3, S60 v5, etc.)

2. Body – awesome AMOLED screen; sleek and solid anodised-aluminium body, comfortable to hold it in your hands

Below is the Nokia N8 as well as my current Nokia X6. Look and compare the screens, much better resolution with AMOLED! It’s sleek and slimmer as well actually.

Nokia N8 Nokia X6

However, I am concerned about the battery life. If I’m not mistaken, it could barely last a whole day if you use the phone with internet data plan and applications opened in the background. That being said, I could only assume so at the time being; until probably if I manage to get my hands onto one unit and explore it thoroughly.

Nokia N8 Browser

Well if you would like to find out more and read about other people’s first thoughts on the Nokia N8, do check out some of these people who attended the preview session that night…

AsriMyTechNewsInfoSoyaCincauSymbianpOpTallboyz

Categorized under: Review
← Back

10 Responses to “NOKIA N8 PREVIEW”

1. IHSAN says:

If only I have enuff munny for a smartphone!

2. Bryan Lim says:

Nokia N8 Preview – http://is.gd/eZuyn #Nokia #N8

3. msxeroz says:

btw, how much does it costs? Looks really attractive to me =)

4. Rebecca says:

Hope u get a test unit. then i can try out be4 i buy! ;p

5. kevinaux says:

“If I’m not mistaken, it could barely last a whole day if you use the phone…. That being said, I could only assume so at the time being; until probably if I manage to get my hands onto one unit and explore it thoroughly.”

Then don’t assume it genius.

• bryanlyt says:

Dude. I got the info about the battery barely last a whole day from the spokesman himself. Thus, i mentioned “i assumed so until i get to try the phone” just so to see if it proves right or wrong (since it was still a prototype phone we were testing).

The next time you leave a comment on any blogs, read through and think back again yo! Be polite, cheers!

• Neo says:

Yea be polite man, there’s some good info coming through here and all you know how to do is criticize??what kind of market would this region be if we had a bunch of you driving it………..seriously

Instagram

[instapress userid="self" piccount="6" size="100" effect="fancybox" title="1" paging="1"]
    Instagram: bryanlyt